Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V. (“Aeromexico”) (BMV: AEROMEX) today reported May 2022 operational results.
- Grupo Aeromexico transported 1 million 884 thousand passengers in May, a 38.7% year-on-year increase. International passengers carried increased by 75.4%, while domestic passengers increased by 27.9%.
- Aeromexico’s total capacity, measured in available seat kilometers (ASKs), increased by 53.7% year-on-year. International ASKs increased by 75.2% compared to May 2021. Domestic capacity increased by 27.3% year-on-year.
- Demand, measured in passenger-kilometers (RPKs), increased by 74.9% year-on-year. International demand increased by 127.1% compared to May 2021. Domestic demand increased by 26.1% versus 2021.
- Aeromexico’s May load factor was 82.8%, a 5.7 p.p. increase compared to May 2021. International load factor increased by 11.6 p.p. and Domestic load factor decreased by 0.8 p.p.
- In May 2022 Aeromexico announced that it will increase some of its existing operations from Felipe Angeles International Airport (NLU) starting August. Also starting August, new routes will be added from Felipe Angeles International Airport to Acapulco, Cancun, Guadalajara, Monterrey, and Oaxaca.